Our outpatient addiction treatment program
Individuals that wish to continue along a path of self-discovery and wish to fully embrace all that life has to offer, continue in our outpatient addiction treatment program. During this phase of development, we help clients maintain abstinence during their transition to independence by providing continued support by assisting with optimal well-being and balanced solutions to all of life’s adventures.
We recognize that a new level of support and inter- and well as independence is what allows one to truly thrive and reach his potential. Consistently supporting the individual’s goals and providing the resources to execute them is what sets the AGAPE Wellness Model apart.
We become an educational support and resource center providing both formal and informal therapies and support groups, encouraging community involvement. No dream is too big nor problem too small for us to collectively work together to come to a solution and positive outcome that not only benefits the individual, but the group, family, and community together.
What to expect from outpatient addiction treatment at agape wellness
We pay special attention to:
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Continuing Education
- 12-Step Meetings
- Vocational/Educational Assessments
- Resume Building and Job Coaching/Mock Interview
- Assistance with Prep Tests, Entrance Exams & College Applications
- Case Management
- Accountability Program
- Alumni Groups and Activities
Benefits of outpatient rehab
When evaluating different treatment options, it’s crucial to look at both the benefits as well as the drawbacks of the program. Outpatient rehab programs are incredibly popular and for good reason. They offer one of the most flexible options for treatment. This has led to a spike in the demand for outpatient programs in many locations.
Some of the biggest benefits of outpatient rehab programs include:
- Providing a solid balance between work, school, home, and rehab time
- Relatively small disruption in the daily life of the patient, allowing them to maintain more control over their lives and minimizing the disruption to families
- Outpatient rehab programs are often much more affordable than partial hospitalization programs or residential programs, making them accessible to more people that can benefit from them
- They keep the individual receiving treatment close to their support system of family and friends, making relapse quite difficult
- They offer the patient a chance to use what they are learning in their rehab education out in the real world. This gives them more responsibility but helps create a stronger recovery with fewer relapses.
- The counseling and support group attendance is often mandated by the program, but getting to do it close enough to home that friends and family can attend is often a powerful factor.
Is outpatient treatment right for you?
Unlike many inpatient programs, outpatient addiction treatment is very highly tailored to the requirements of the individual. While alcohol addiction may still be treated with medication and counseling, outpatient rehab will also involve significant therapy and support group attendance as well. This comprehensive and holistic approach to the treatment ensures that the individual and their disease receive appropriate treatment, helping them to overcome triggering situations and emotions.
Who is not right for outpatient treatment for addiction?
There are some people who may not be good candidates for outpatient treatment. Rather, they may be better suited for more intensive programs like PHP, IOP, or residential treatment. Some people who may not be suited for outpatient treatment for addiction may include people who:
- are living with multiple mental health conditions in concurrence with a substance use disorder
- require more structure in treatment
- are affected by triggers that are not avoidable during this stage of treatment
- may be overly stressed about moving to this stage of treatment
- are struggling with their treatment progress or show signs of relapse during daytime hours or outside of treatment
Getting started with the outpatient program at agape treatment center
If you feel that it’s the right time for you, or someone you care about, to begin seeking treatment for their addiction or other mental health issues, reach out to Agape today. The addiction professionals at Agape Treatment Center can help build a personalized outpatient treatment program that helps you recover while still being able to keep your work, school, or family commitments.