Are There Stages to Recovery from Substance Abuse?
Addiction recovery does not simply end once the program of clinical care comes to an end. Addiction recovery is a lifelong process, one that must include a personalized program of continuous care, whether this looks like 12 step program immersion, continued individual therapy, or ongoing psychiatric care. While in inpatient treatment, the clinical team will help you develop a viable, individualized aftercare plan. This aftercare plan will ensure that you remain sober for years to come.
When it comes to addiction recovery, it is generally said that there are five main stages. At Agape Treatment Center we pay close attention to each of these stages, ultimately ensuring that each of our clients is receiving the comprehensive care necessary for long-term recovery. If you have been suffering from a substance abuse disorder of any severity, we are available to help. Simply give us a call today to begin your journey of healing.
The Five Stages of Addiction Recovery
The five main stages of recovery from addiction are as follows:
- An active acknowledgment of the addictive disorder and a desire to seek help. Most people who suffer at the hands of a severe substance abuse disorder do not end up receiving the clinical care they need simply because they do not acknowledge that there is a problem, to begin with. Some say that the most difficult part of recovery is admitting that you need help. Once you do that, you can easily tackle the remainder of the recovery process. All you have to do is seek the clinical care you need.
- A thorough understanding of the disease model of addiction. Understanding addiction is crucial to begin the healing process. Addiction is a chronic and relapsing brain disease, one that can be successfully managed even though there is no known “cure.” It is important to understand what goes into managing addictive tendencies and how addiction truly is a brain disease and not a matter of weak morals or a lack of character.
- Exploring potential treatment options and finding the most suitable fit. While finding the right treatment center might seem overwhelming, it never has to be. Consider any potential underlying issues, such as mental health concerns or unresolved trauma. Look into drug and alcohol rehabs that are both gender-specific and that meet your personalized needs and requirements.
- Medically monitored detox and inpatient addiction treatment. This is the first stage in the continuum of clinical care. The individual is physically stabilized in a medical detox facility and then immediately transfers into inpatient drug and alcohol rehab for a continuation of clinical and therapeutic care.
- Ongoing aftercare and the maintenance of long-term recovery. Aftercare is crucial to long-term sobriety, and every aftercare program is highly personalized.
Agape Treatment Center – Comprehensive Recovery
At Agape Treatment Center we consistently provide the most comprehensive clinical care available throughout the state of Florida. Our recovery program was carefully developed by a team of experienced and compassionate professionals and offers integrated clinical care to men and women of all ages who have been suffering from a substance abuse disorder of any severity. If you have personally struggled with drug or alcohol abuse, you understand just how devastating active addiction can be. Not only does this insidious disease ravage the physical body, but it destroys emotional and mental well-being.
Agape Treatment Center focuses on treating the body, mind, and spirit simultaneously. Our staff members will gladly walk you through every one of the five stages of addiction recovery, offering you an unmatched level of support and encouragement along the way. To learn more about our treatment center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, or to learn more about the addiction recovery process in general, please feel free to reach out to us at any point in time. We look forward to speaking with you and getting you or your loved one started on the journey of recovery.