How to Find a Dual Diagnosis Counselor Near Me
If you have recently been diagnosed with a mental health condition and you have been simultaneously struggling with a substance abuse disorder, you might be wondering, “Where can I find a licensed and experienced dual diagnosis counselor near me?” Finding a counselor that meets all of your requirements and that has extensive experience treating co-occurring is not always a simple and straightforward process – you need to know what to look for. If you are struggling with a moderate or severe dual diagnosis disorder, it is a good idea to look for counseling from an inpatient or intensive outpatient treatment center.
What Can a Dual Diagnosis Counselor Do for Me?
Finding an individual counselor can be beneficial for individuals who are suffering from a very mild co-occurring disorder – for example, someone who has been diagnosed with depression and is currently being treated, but who has recently started abusing alcohol, or someone who is in recovery for substance abuse but has recently started experienced symptoms associated with an anxiety disorder. If you are struggling with substance abuse and mental health – and neither of your conditions is currently being treated – dual diagnosis treatment is essential.
Dual Diagnosis Counselors Offer Evidence-Based Treatment
If you are currently living in Fort Lauderdale or any surrounding area, finding a dual diagnosis counselor is truly as simple as reaching out to Agape Treatment Center. Our team of compassionate and dedicated counselors has extensive experience treating substance abuse and mental illnesses of all kinds, from the more commonly diagnosed anxiety and depression to more complicated mental illnesses like bipolar disorder and depression. Regardless of your specific needs and clinical requirements, we have you completely covered. At Agape Treatment Center we pride ourselves on providing our clients with the most comprehensive dual diagnosis treatment available in Southern Florida – a region of the country that has garnered the title of “Recovery Capital of the US.” Some of the dual diagnosis services we provide include:
- An initial psychiatric assessment. Upon admission to our dual diagnosis treatment program, every client who has a family history of mental illness or who has been exhibiting signs of a mental health condition will undergo a detailed psychiatric assessment. The assessment is conducted by our clinical team and helps determine whether or not there is an underlying mental health condition present (or if the symptoms are linked to the substance abuse disorder).
- One-on-one sessions with a licensed psychologist. If it is determined that a client is struggling with a co-occurring disorder, he or she will undergo regular sessions with a licensed, on-staff psychologist. If medication is necessary, he or she will meet with a psychiatrist regularly and have direct access to medication management services.
- Individual and group therapy sessions. Therapy is essential to mental health and substance abuse recovery. At Agape Treatment Center we focus on intensive therapeutic care, combining traditional talk therapy with a wide range of additional therapeutic methods (including Experiential Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy).
- Family therapy and other family-oriented resources. Family involvement is very important to mental health and addiction recovery. We offer family therapy sessions and a wide range of other services and resources for the loved ones of our clients.
- 12 step program education and involvement. While 12 step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are more addiction-oriented than mental health-oriented, 12 step program involvement is crucial to successful dual diagnosis treatment.
- Thorough and personalized aftercare planning, with a focus on mental health. Case managers work closely with clients, helping them develop a comprehensive plan for continuing care.
Comprehensive Mental Health Care Near Me
Finding a dual diagnosis counselor near you is not difficult if you know what to look for. For more information on our dual diagnosis counseling options, or to begin on your journey of comprehensive healing, simply give us a call. We are looking forward to speaking with you and helping you or your loved one begin on the lifelong road to dual diagnosis recovery.